New To Internet Marketing? 5 Valuable Tips You Could Use
As much as the internet offers opportunities to make money online, it is also the source of a number of fraudulent get-rich-quick schemes, waiting to rob you of your hard-earned cash. They promise easy cash in a short duration of time. It's tempting to a newbie when you hit the jackpot so soon. But don't get carried away by persuasive sales letters, free gifts and shining customer reviews. These marketing strategies are often sales gimmicks. Here's what you should do.
1. Test the Waters First. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Before you invest, read up on the different legal ways to make money online. Don't rely on reviews given on the official website. Look for unbiased reviews preferably on dedicated review sites. Find out if the recommendation sites are trustworthy and if the advice they offer is reliable. Say you are getting into affiliate marketing; you need to do a background check on the merchant, whose product you are endorsing. Poor quality products reflect poorly on your business image.
2. Build an Email List. Your email list has contact details of potential clients. Building the email list is a tedious and time consuming task. However, there is no short cut to it. The trick to a successful email marketing campaign is to have your website visitors subscribe voluntarily. You can gather customer email addresses by placing the link for an email sign up form and newsletter subscription form in a clearly visible place.
3. Master SEO. Search Engine Optimization is what determines your site's web rankings. The first tried and tested SEO technique is the keyword strategy. Keywords are phrases web surfers use to locate content, products and services. You can use a free keyword research tool to get a list of the high ranking keywords. Pay attention to metadata too. Supplement the written content with media rich content such as videos, audio files, flash and PDFs. Connect to multiple social channels such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and the likes. Submit content to article directories to get quality backlinks to your site.
If you have no clue about SEO techniques, you will find dozens of free courses online teaching you how to optimize your site for search engines. Also, always use white hat SEO techniques to avoid being penalized by Google.
4. Domain Registrations and Web Hosts. Choosing the right domain name is also important. You can get domain names free of cost; however, you have to take what is available. The alternative is to pay a small monthly or annual charge for a special domain name. The latter is a better option for businesses. Including keywords in the URL will help your site get found faster.
With web hosts, there are free, shared and dedicated hosting plans. Free web hosting saves you money, but they have their downsides. Many sites sharing the same host lead to slower web loads and greater chances of downtime. Shared and dedicated hosts offer more space and bandwidth at an affordable cost.
5. Intuitive Web Design. Your website design influences the site's readability. It should not be cluttered or too gaudy and should be easy to locate content. You can use a website design software application to get a hand with designing your website. Most software applications write the HTML code for you. There are free and paid programs. If you are not too tech savvy, you can hire the services of a professional web designer to get the job done for you.
So, if you follow these simple yet basic tips, you will be able to navigate the web safely and successfully. Are you new to internet marketing? Looking for tips on how to build and design a website and monetize it? You can read up all you need to know right here.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Sally_Carolina/2134852